Timor Primary School aims to develop confident learners who take ownership of their learning, are proud of their achievements and are well prepared for the ever-changing world that awaits them. Students are also encouraged to develop a social conscience, which enables them to contribute to their family, school and the wider community. Students will have success for today and be prepared for tomorrow.
Timor Primary School’s values are Respect, Responsibility and Achieving Our Potential.
Respect – Care and concern for self, others and property.
Responsibility – Accountability towards self, others and all of our actions.
Achieving our Potential – Try hard, pursue excellence.
Timor Primary School acknowledges that the behaviour of staff, parents, carers and students has an impact on our school community and culture. We acknowledge a shared responsibility to create a positive learning environment for the children and young people at our school.
As principals and school leaders, we will:
• model positive behaviour and effective leadership • communicate politely and respectfully with all members of the school community • work collaboratively to create a school environment where respectful and safe behaviour is expected of everyone • behave in a manner consistent with the standards of our profession and meet core responsibilities to provide safe and inclusive environments • plan, implement and review our work to ensure the care, safety, security and general wellbeing of all students at school • identify and support students who are or may be at risk • do our best to ensure every child achieves their personal and learning potential • work with parents to understand their child’s needs and, where necessary, adapt the learning environment accordingly • respond appropriately when safe and inclusive behaviour is not demonstrated and implement appropriate interventions and sanctions when required • inform parents of the school’s communication and complaints procedures • ask any person who is acting in an offensive, intimidating or otherwise inappropriate way to leave the school grounds.
As teachers and non-teaching school staff, we will:
• model positive behaviour to students consistent with the standards of our profession • communicate politely and respectfully with all members of the school community • proactively engage with parents about student outcomes • work with parents to understand the needs of each student and, where necessary, adapt the learning environment accordingly • work collaboratively with parents to improve learning and wellbeing outcomes for students with additional needs • communicate with the principal and school leaders in the event we anticipate or face any tension or challenging behaviours from parents • treat all members of the school community with respect.
As parents and carers, we will:
• model positive behaviour to our child • communicate politely and respectfully with all members of the school community • ensure our child attends school on time, every day the school is open for instruction • take an interest in our child’s school and learning • work with the school to achieve the best outcomes for our child • communicate constructively with the school and use expected processes and protocols when raising concerns • support school staff to maintain a safe learning environment for all students • follow the school’s processes for communication with staff and making complaints • treat all school leaders, staff, students, and other members of the school community with respect.
As students, we will:
• model positive behaviour to other students • communicate politely and respectfully with all members of the school community. • comply with and model school values • behave in a safe and responsible manner • respect ourselves, other members of the school community and the school environment. • actively participate in school • not disrupt the learning of others and make the most of our educational opportunities.
As community members, we will:
• model positive behaviour to the school community • treat other members of the school community with respect • support school staff to maintain a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students • utilise the school’s processes for communication with staff and submitting complaints.